JIMMY TINGLE – Standup Comedian Host and Emcee
Please call A to Z Entertainment, Inc. today for free information about how to hire or book standup comedian Jimmy Tingle. We are your top talent agency and best booking agent for hiring political comedian Jimmy Tingle! We book professional standup comedians, standup comedy acts, and comics and help you plan and produce your event! Call 888-655-4575 today!
• One of the top social and political humorists in America
• Stand up comic, writer, commentator & actor for radio, television and film 1980 -2010
• Theater and Comedy Producer
COMMENTATOR AND HUMORIST FOR 60 MINUTES II
Created, wrote, edited, and performed television essays for national broadcast on 60 Minutes II News Magazine television show under Supervisor and Executive Producer Jeff Fager.
COMMENTATOR AND HUMORIST FOR MSNBC
Contributing to freewheeling discussions, commentaries, and debates with other “FRIENDS” of the show including Anne Coulter, Lawrence O’Donnell, Jonathan Alter, and Laura Ingraham under Supervisor and Senior Producer Steve Lewis.
JIMMY TINGLE‘S OFF BROADWAY THEATER: Owner and Producing Artistic Director
Somerville, MA, 2002-2007
• Proprietor and principal performing artist for 200-seat theater venue
• Produced shows and booked performers, productions, and events; oversaw marketing and PR; hiring, and managing a staff of 8-15 full or part-time employees; budgeting, capitalization, community liaison, light maintenance and media contact, and spokesperson for the enterprise.
• Artistic Producing Director overseeing more than 200 productions including: comedy, music, theater, television, radio, book events, children’s programs, political events, and fundraising forums.
For 30 years Jimmy Tingle has been writing, performing; booking, marketing, and producing his one person comedy and theatrical shows for public, private, non-profit, college and corporate audiences in America, Great Britain, Canada and Australia.
• He has consistently produced and performed for fundraisers, private parties, and public events throughout his three decade career as an entertainer.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL RECOGNITIONS
• Best of Boston Jimmy Tingle’s OFF BROADWAY Theater; “Best Alternative Theater,” Boston Magazine 2007
• Best of Boston “Stand Up Comedy”: 2001 & 1986: Jimmy has the rare distinction of winning the prestigious “Best of Boston” award as a performer and as a theater producer.
• Best Activist with a Funny Bone, Improper Bostonian, 2007
• Business Neighbor of the Year 2006, Powder House Awards Somerville Chamber of Commerce
• Inspiration Award – Dreams for Youth Foundation, 2006
• Tip O’Neill Leadership Society, for North Cambridge Catholic High School, 2005-2007 provided work-study opportunity for high school students at Jimmy Tingle’s off Broadway Theater.
• Public Citizen of the Year Award – Mass. chapter of the National Association of Social Workers, 2002
• The Peace Abbey “Courage of Conscience Award” for political satire and commentaries as an activist for peace and social change, 2000
• Personal Achievement Award – presented by The University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth for distinguished professional achievement of UMASS Alumni, 2000
NATIONAL TELEVISION AND RADIO CREDITS:
• CNN’S Best and Worst of 2008 with Tom Forman, 2008
• CNN’S The Week with Tom Forman, 2008
• Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, Comedy Central, 2004
• The Strategic Humor Initiative, American correspondent for Sir David Frost’s show, PBS and BBC, 2003
• 60 Minutes II on CBS as the humorist / commentator in the Andy Rooney spot, 1999-2000
• The Late Show with Conan O’Brien,1998; 2000
• The Late Late Show with Tom Snyder, 1999
• Fresh Air with Terry Gross, National Public Radio, 1995
• MSNBC contributor and satirist, 1996
• Larry King Weekend, 1993
• HBO half hour comedy special, 1991
• America with the Top Down, PBS and BBC “Travels” series, 1991
• HEAT, with John Hockenberry, National Public Radio, 1990
• The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, 1988
• Jimmy Tingle’s American Dream; A Jimmy Tingle self produced film directed by Vincent Starggas of Flag Day Productions
• When Stand Up Stood Out, A Fran Solomita film on the early Boston Comedy Scene, 2005
• But Seriously, But seriously ’94, co-starred and appeared in Showtime documentaries featuring prominent social satirists from Lenny Bruce to the present, 1994
• America With the Top Down, Travel documentary, directed by Paul Yule, 1992
• Damned in the USA, Winner, International Emmy for Best Arts Documentary 1991: A film on art censorship directed by Paul Yule,1991
• Head of State. Chris Rock, 2005. Role: a television talk show host
• Boondock Saints. Troy Duffy, 1999. Role: a priest
• By the Sea. A Dean Barnes Film, 2003. Role: a restaurant owner.
• Next Stop, Wonderland. Brad Anderson, 1998. Role: the neighborhood bartender
• Jimmy Tingle for President: The Funniest campaign in History. 2006-2008. released on CD February 2009
• Jimmy Tingle’s American Dream. 2005-2006..
• Jimmy Tingle in the Promised Land. 2002-2004.
• Jimmy Tingle’s Uncommon Sense, The Education of an American Comic 1993-1998.
• America Place Theater, NYC 1993; Hasty Pudding Theater in Cambridge, Ma. 1995 the longest running one person show in the theater’s history; Coast Playhouse Los Angeles, Ca. 1998.
• All shows written, performed and produced by Jimmy Tingle. All shows directed by Larry Arrick.
Travels from: Cambridge, MA
We can help you book or hire any standup comedians, comics or standup comedy acts. We are your best booking agency and agent for hiring political comedian Jimmy Tingle. So call 888-655-4575 today and we’ll be glad to help you! We are not the exclusive agency of any corporate artists on this site.
Understanding Your Needs – Providing for Your Event – Contributing to Your Success!